Monday, March 22, 2010

Nesting and Crafting...

Just wanted to share some of the projects I had worked on through the last trimester of my pregnancy. I am not normally a very crafty person...I can thread a sewing machine and do the basics, but was proud of myself for some of my projects.

It all started with obsessing over the adorable bib and burp cloth sets I saw on Etsy. So I thought, maybe I can make them? I made quite a few sets, some for me and I gifted a few.

i made these

I made it!!

Then I wanted a boppy cover in the same pattern...

I made more!

And then decided a small diaper tote should not be too hard...

the sewing frenzy continues!

And then I really wanted to put this fun fabric to use and really tested my skills with this bag, which I LOVE and learned much more about sewing in the process...like basting and pleating...

still on a sewing frenzy!

And since I am a babywearing Mama who can never have enough carriers, I made a few more ring slings to add to my collection!

The nesting continues...

Then the boys and I did a few projects together...

Max made his own pillow!

more pillow making

Now sammy has a pillow :)

And one of my bigger projects, which left me a bit exhausted with sewing...

'sposed to be a purse...

I reupholstered my glider rocker. I got it for a shower gift with my 1st baby so it was, well Loved :)

In addition to all the crafting I did my fair share of organizing, getting rid of things, tossing, donating, cleaning and rearranging during my nesting period. I have not felt like nesting much this last week...think that part is done :)

Cooking, well I have not done more than heated spaghetti sauce or whipped up a pot of oatmeal as I have been avoiding the kitchen...thankfully I have a super fabulous husband who likes to nourish his family :)

Baby update....I had contractions all night, every 1/2 hour or so, now they are every 15-20 minutes and last about 30 seconds each...but not sure if they will continue and result in real labor today...

I had a dream I had the baby, it shot right out onto the floor! It was super tiny, I think a girl, and seemed ok and I breastfed it...then it turned into a doll...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking a moment to comment! If you blog I will be sure to stop and visit!