Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wash Wednesday

















Because I was inspired by Gardenmama's blog, I will be taking part in Wash Wednesday :)

I get great joy in hanging out our clothes to dry and have been inspired by other Wash Wednesday bloggers to hang a low line for my boys to participate.

This photo was taken last week. It has been rainy and lacking sunshine here in Pittsburgh so I did not get to hang any laundry this week and it does not look like I will be able to the next few days either.

This is half of my cloth diaper stash, I can only wash and hang 1/2 of them at a time on the side porch. We have a clothes line in our small back yard, but we also have a 100+ year old maple tree that blocks 99% of the sunlight...which sadly also makes growing a veggie garden back there hard...so I improvised and hung these lines on the front porch which gets direct sunlight almost all day :) I will have to add more lines on the other side of the porch so I can hang all of them at one time.

It saddens and angers me knowing there are people who are not allowed to hang their clothes to dry in their neighborhood! Seriously!?! The township or borough or city can have an ordinance saying you can't! I strongly disagree and I would fight that!

3 comments:

  1. Look at all those tiny diapers. It is our neighborhood that says no clotheslines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture! The single orange diaper really catches the eye.

    I'm not taking part in Wash Wednesday yet - hopefully my clothesline will be put up before the series ends, if it ends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness I love this photo so much!!!
    Thank you for sharing your words and photos it is so fun to see what everyone is doing for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking a moment to comment! If you blog I will be sure to stop and visit!